Welcome to ds3
dialup service 3 for short ds3 is a modem sharing
server for Linux/UNIX. It allows no direct access to the
modem/isdn-adaptor instead it provides a text based interface
which could be accessed via telnet or by a client. Right now we
have a java based client and a gtk-based one.
- Up to 251 users may use a line a the same time. The numer
is limited by the number of sockets for each process.
- A user may block the line so nobody can dialout. This is
useful if there is just one line and somebody wants to use the
- The sysadmin may hangup the line at any time with the term
- Signals are used to start special jobs like fetch
mail, news, the latest slashdot menu or sendmail.
- There three diffrent types of signals.
- signals which work only if the line is not in use
- signals which work only if we are online
- and signals which work all the time.
- Any user connected to the server may initiate
- Signals could be emitted by the server if a interval was
- login with password. The server is using the crypt stuff.